Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rob Thomas Has The Voice Of An Angel

As Willis McGahee lay motionless after being completely JACKED UP by Pittsburgh's Ryan Clark, I began to write my RIP/obituary post. I was positive he was dead. Both teams knelt around the corpse in prayer as if to celebrate the life of McGahee. But then, by some act of God, Santana's timeless hit, "Smooth" featuring Rob Thomas began to play throughout Heinz Field. I was surprised to hear it at first. I thought to myself, how inappropriate? No class at all. However, I was unaware of the healing powers that the song possesses. Shortly after the song ended, it was announced that Willis was speaking and had movement in his limbs. One can only assume that this "movement" was the air guitar and "speaking" was actually: "gimme your heart, make it real, or let's forget about it..."

1 comment:

Jaden said...

Thank you! Watching that game got me real confused, seemed completely inappropriate to be playing anything over the PA.