Saturday, January 17, 2009

Free Money (Saturday CBB Picks)

It's 11:00 am, I'm off work today, I just cracked beer number two, and College Gameday has got me in the mood to generate some income. I've been on a break from gambling but today's lineup provided an itch that I need to parlay scratch. Here are a few of my picks. Read them, bet at your own risk. If they lose- sorry. If they win- 15% advisory fee (PayPal accepted)
Syracuse (-4)
Notre Dame had their asses handed to them at Louisville on Monday. I expect the same to happen at the Carrier Dome. The Harangody hype is getting old. McAlarney can shoot the lights out but I see a good game out of Johhny Flynn for the Orange. Cleveland State isn't walking through that door.
Northern Iowa (+6.5)
Betting on mid-majors is what I do. I can't explain it. Tiger Woods plays golf, Dale Earnhardt Jeff Gordon drives fast, R.L. Stine writes classics, and I pick mid-major winners. It's in my blood. The public is all over Drake, especially at home. However, the public does not possess the gift that I have been blessed with. Northern Iowa covers for sure, I even went as far as taking them to win. Sit back and watch my greatness.
Pittsburgh (+2)
Louisville is looking to make it three straight wins over ranked opponents. Pitt is undefeated and ranked numero uno. I think Pitt takes this one on the road. Earl Clark hasn't had a tough matchup all year. Pitt is a tough defensive team and they will give him trouble. Louisville is struggling from deep and from what I've seen, they are about 9% from the foul line in the second half. Somardo Samuels will get in early foul trouble and Pitt will dominate the boards. Pitt is just an all around good squad this year. Combine all these factors, ignore them, and then consider the fact that I just absolutely hate Louisville... Pitt to win.
Georgetown/Duke (+9/-9)
I've changed my mind on this game five times in the past half hour. That usually means stay away. My initial reaction was to take the Hoyas. They beat UConn on the road and...wait, I think I like Duke. Yeah, I like Duke. Duke is #3 and I think they are still underrated. They are extremely quick and have been playing phenominal defense. If they can shoot the ball well, they will cover. For G'Town, staying out of jail Greg Monroe is the X factor. With that being said, I am taking Georgetown. 9 is a lot of points to give up. But, Duke is good. So I'm gonna go with Duke. Can you just bet on a push? This number is killing me. I'm just going to bet Duke -9 and Georgetown +9. You pick a side, I'm taking the middle.
Also...
Clemson (-2)
Two undefeated ACC teams. Going to be a close game. Clemson takes it at home.
Evansville (-11)
Another mid-major. Another winner. It's all purple in this one.
Arkansas (+10.5)
This one just seems a little too high. Plus, I hate Florida.

No comments: